What are the characteristics of ultrafiltration?
Compared with the traditional separation method, what are the characteristics of ultrafiltration?
1. The filtration process is carried out at normal temperature, and the conditions are mild and undisturbed, so it is especially suitable for the separation, classification, enrichment and enrichment of heat-sensitive substances such as drugs, enzymes and fruit juices.
2. The filtration process does not change, no heating, low energy consumption, no need to add chemical reagents, no pollution, it is an energy-saving and environment-friendly separation technology.
3. High separation efficiency of ultrafiltration technology is very effective for the recovery of trace elements in dilute solution and concentration of low concentration solution.
4. The ultrafiltration process only USES pressure as the driving force for membrane separation, so the separation device is simple, short process, easy to operate, easy to control and maintain.
5. The ultrafiltration method also has certain limitations, which can not directly obtain dry powder preparation.
For a protein solution, you usually get only 10 to 50 percent of the concentration.