The working principle of Ultrafiltration technology is a kind of membrane Filtration method, also is called filtering cross-flow Filtration (Cross).
It can isolate particles of 10 ~ 100A from the surrounding medium containing particles, which is usually the solute in a liquid.
Its basic principle is at room temperature to a certain pressure and flow, using asymmetric micro porous structure and semi-permeable membrane, depending on the pressure difference on both sides of the membrane as a driving force, filtering in cross-flow way, in your small molecules and solvent, and micro particle macromolecular substances such as protein, water-soluble polymer, such as bacteria is a membrane resistance, and achieve separation, classification, purification, concentration of a new type of membrane separation technology.
The advantages and disadvantages of the ultrafiltration technology compared with the traditional separation method, ultrafiltration technology has the following characteristics:
1. The filtering process was conducted at room temperature, composition of mild conditions without damage, and thus is suitable for heat sensitive material, such as the separation of drugs, enzymes, such as fruit juice, grading, enrichment and enrichment.
2. The filtration process does not change, no heating, low energy consumption, no need to add chemical reagents, no pollution, it is an energy-saving and environment-friendly separation technology.
3. High separation efficiency of ultrafiltration technology is very effective for the recovery of trace elements in dilute solution and concentration of low concentration solution.
4. The ultrafiltration process only USES pressure as the driving force for membrane separation, so the separation device is simple, short process, easy to operate, easy to control and maintain.
5. The ultrafiltration method also has certain limitations, which can not directly obtain dry powder preparation.
For a protein solution, you usually get only 10 to 50 percent of the concentration.